We view ourselves as partners with our nonprofit clients and provide strategic organizational advice beyond investments.
We become familiar with your organization's goals and risks, and view every task and decision we face from a perspective of fiduciary responsibility. Our team of senior advisors and strategic advisors—including former practicing attorneys with experience in charitable organizations—helps nonprofits on policy questions.
Our Discovery Process Focuses on Your:
- Specific goals
- Specific liabilities and risks
- Portfolio-specific factors (locked-up investments, low-basis holdings, etc.)
- Engagement with stakeholders to ensure that opinions and concerns are heard
- Initial upfront process plus ongoing discovery updates
We offer counsel beyond traditional investment topics
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Mission-related investing
- Beneficial charitable structures for donors
- Engaging next-generation donors and patrons
We Help You Create an Investment Policy That Details:
- Cash flow parameters
- Return goals
- Absolute and relative benchmarks
- Risk parameters
- Concentrated position policies (if applicable)
- Sustainability/SRI/Impact parameters and objectives
- Other mission-related restrictions and policies
- Oversight structure
- Review and monitor procedures
We take pride in our ability to tailor our advice to nonprofits based on our experience and understanding of best practices. Brown Advisory partners and professionals hold more than 200 nonprofit board positions, many on investment, finance and budget committees.
You are now leaving the Brown Advisory website and entering the Brown Advisory Mutual Funds site.
The content on this site is directed at investors in the U.S. By entering this site you are confirming that you are a U.S.-based investor to whom these Funds may legally be promoted.
If you are an international-based investor please click here.
By clicking "Exit" below I indicate that I have read the above terms and do not wish to continue into this section of the web site.
By clicking "I Agree" below I indicate that I have read and accept the terms above and wish to continue into this section of the web site.